Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Sautéed String Beans


I have never been a fan of fresh string beans, but my husband really likes them. So, I figured I would try out a recipe to make just for him. I found this recipe on thenest.com and thought it seemed pretty easy. The recipe was for Sautéed String Beans. Thanks to thenest.com for posting this one :).


Sautéed String Beans

1 tablespoon olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and snapped into 1-inch pieces
½ cup chicken broth
¼ teaspoon garlic salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
I added one small shallot because I love the way garlic and shallot taste together

In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the oil. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Stir in the green beans. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes more. Add the chicken broth; bring to boiling over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium, cover the skillet and cook until the beans are tender, 5 to 7 minutes more. Season with the garlic salt and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment