Monday, July 27, 2009

Pulled Barbeque Chicken


This barbeque dish was absolutely out of this world. I have not been able to rave about it enough. Not only do I love how easy is was, but the taste was really slow cooked and sensational. I plugged in my Crockpot, threw a few ingredients together, and eight hours later, I made a meal that will become a weekly tradition at our house. This will definitely please any palate!

Ingredients

3 pounds boneless pork shoulder roast, well trimmed (I used 4 chicken breasts instead because I am more of a chicken fan.)

1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar

1/3 cup cider vinegar

I added about a tablespoon of honey

I added some extra honey barbeque sauce that I had in the fridge that needed to be used up as well.

DIRECTIONS

1. Place pork in slow cooker. Mix Seasoning, ketchup, brown sugar and vinegar until blended. Pour over pork. Cover.
2. Cook 8 hours on LOW or 4 hours on HIGH. Remove pork from slow cooker.
3. Shred pork, using 2 forks. Return pork to slow cooker. Mix and heat with sauce before serving. Serve on sandwich rolls, if desired.

Tips

Test Kitchen Tip: Use 3 pounds boneless pork loin roast in place of the pork shoulder roast.
Slow Cooker Tip: For best results, do not remove cover during cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment